Our Bracebridge Storm players at the 2016 Collingwood Festival
Long Term Player Development
Objectives of Player Development Program
- To promote the expansion of the game of soccer, encouraging multiple options for the development of players.
- To develop amongst our players a life-long desire to participate in the game in some form, and enjoy a recreational activity to the fullest.
- To maximize the development of individuals within the scope of our programs, encouraging fitness and a healthy lifestyle, and optimizing both the enjoyment and the potential of individuals.
Implications for the Club Programs
- Player Development will be driven by the development of quality coaches, through a coaching development program focused on continuous improvement.
- Need to serve the widest possible needs of both current and future participants.
- Offer the highest level of recreation and competition that our players can aspire to and that the club can provide.
- Diversify our program opportunities at every opportunity.
- Club programs should be offered at the following levels:
Club level recreational (Bracebridge Soccer Club house and rec. leagues)
District level recreational (Huronia District recreational leagues)
District level competitive (District Multi-Jurisdictional competitive leagues)
Regional level competitive (Central Region competitive leagues)
Provincial level competitive (Ontario leagues)
In keeping with LTPD, Bracebridge Soccer offers program streams for all youth players from ages 4 to 18, and adult programs at the competitive and recreational level.
Ontario Soccer has many helpful resources about LTPD available on their website for everyone participating in the soccer community!
Learn more about the Grassroots approach!